#1 Meet our team – Craig Merson
In the first in a series of bio’s to allow you to get to know our team a little better, meet Craig!
Craig is our Director, CFO, CIO and all round general hand. He’s also our chief taster and noser, a job he completely relishes!!
Craig started the business 3 years ago, initially under the brand of Nippy Sweetie Whiskies, as a place for him to share his love for whisky with like minded friends running small tasting events throughout Melbourne. From there it has grown to the brand you see today.
Craig was born in Scotland, in Ayr to be exact, and moved to Melbourne 21 years ago. With a background in hospitality and finance, he’s the perfect blend of skills for his multiple roles.
Craig will tell you that the dram that started it all for him was Chieftans Ardbeg. He commiserates over his favourite bottling, no longer available, and sorely missed!
Quick Fire round;
- Would you rather be too hot or too cold? – Too cold
- If you could be anywhere in the world right now where would you go? – Edradour Distillery
- If you could have any superpower what would it be? – I’ve always wanted to be Superman!!
- Would you rather be able to speak any language, or speak to animals? – Any language
- What are you drinking at home right now? – I swing between a few, at the moment I’m enjoying Glencadam 10 Year Old, Bladnoch 25 Year Old and Tomintoul 10 Year Old
- If you could taste any whisky, regardless of cost, what would you try? – The Malt Mill from Angels Share the movie
- Peated or Non-Peated? – Non Peated
- Scottish or Australian? – Scottish
- What’s one accomplishment that you are most proud of? – Buying our first house
- What’s on the top of your bucket list? – Turning my small business into a revenue generating giant, that creates jobs and showcases the best that whisky has to offer! You’ve got to have lofty goals right?
So there you have it, an insight into our main man. The next time you see Craig loitering in one of his favourite whisky bars feel free to say hi! I’m sure he’ll be happy to shout you a drink (just don’t tell we said that :)), and share a good old whisky yarn or two.
Comments are closed