About the Distillery
Knockdhu distillery sits in Knock, Aberdeenshire, with this specific location selected to take advantage of the many springs of crystal clear Scottish water. Construction began in 1893, and completed in 1894 where production began in October of that year.
The distillery still utilises two tradition pot stills, with the warehouses retaining the traditional earthen floors. It has changed hands several times over the years, however, was purchased by Inverhouse Distillers in 1983, the current owners of the distillery.
This whisky used to be called Knockdhu after the distillery where it was produced; but the trading name was changed in 1994 to anCnoc, to avoid confusion with Knockando. anCnoc means ‘the hill’ in Gaelic.