Archie Rose Australian Rye Malt Whisky (700ml)
Volume: 700ml ABV: 46% Age: No Age Statement Country: Australia
The Archie Rose distillery was first established in 2015 by Will Edwards who had taken inspiration from visits in 2012 to distilleries in New York and Brooklyn. Gaining knowledge from local distilleries in Tasmania and from some of the pioneers of Australian distilling (Bill Lark, Peter Bignell to name a few) Edwards enlisted Peter Bailly (Australia’s only still maker at that time) to hand build three copper pot stills which were powered by gas and used steam to heat the wash.
The key in the Archie Rose success story is the appointment of Dave Withers, Master Distiller. This was Dave’s first role as head of distilling and he had a lot to prove to his critics on not only how well he could distill but how innovative he could be. Producing a new style Australian whisky that was one day going to empower the world is not a task taken lightly by Dave or Edwards for that matter. The partnership has proved a huge success and one that we will look back on in decades and we will remember how it changed the Australian distilling culture and whisky scene. First batches have been very well awarded in both local and international levels.
The Archie Rose Rye was created by selecting rare malted rye and some of the finest malted barley from local malt houses. The spirit produced was then carefully paired with hand picked virgin American oak casks which had been air dried for 36 months prior. The maritime coastal air of Sydney and the local environment then worked its magic and produced a Rye that has won numerous awards.
Our Tasting Notes
Nose: Vanilla oak and honeycomb sweetness, orchard fruits of apricot and peaches, creme brulee, milk chocolate toffee and peppermint.
Palate: Peach Melba, rye bread, toasted oak and vanilla toffee sweetness.
Finish: Salted butter, toasted grains and sweet spices.
- World’s Best Rye Whisky – World Whiskies Awards (London)
- World’s Best Rye Whisky – ADI Craft Spirit Awards (USA)
- World’s Best Rye Whisky – World Whisky Masters (London)
- Australia’s Best Rye Whisky – San Francisco World Spirits Competition (USA)
- Australia’s Best Rye Whisky – International Wine & Spirits Competition (London)
- Australia’s Best Rye Whisky – Los Angeles International Spirits Competition (USA)
- Australia’s Best Rye Whisky – SIP Awards (USA)
- Australia’s Best Rye Whisky – International Review of Spirits (USA)
|Dimensions||35 × 10 × 10 cm|
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.