#2 Meet our Team – Katherine Merson
In the second of our bio’s to allow you to get to know our team a little better, meet Katherine!
HR Consultant by day, Katherine is our Director, HR specialist and all round admin support. A relative whisky novice, Katherine is learning on the job as she continues to develop her whisky knowledge.
Katherine was born in Scotland, on the mainland, and now loves to visit her family who live on the stunning island of Arran. Close enough to the Arran Distillery for a frequent dram. Katherine moved to Australia 10 years ago. She loves that whisky offers a connection to home whilst at the same time opening her world to a whole new group of friends and interesting folks!
Katherine’s entry point into the world of whisky was the now discontinued, Glenmorangie 15 Year Old Sauternes Cask.
Quick Fire round;
- Would you rather be too hot or too cold? – Too hot
- If you could be anywhere in the world right now where would you go? – On a beach drinking cocktails, with a good book
- If you could have any superpower what would it be? – The ability to fly
- Would you rather be able to speak any language, or speak to animals? – Speak to animals. I regularly chat to our two Jack Russel’s, Corrie and Ranza, and wish they could talk back
- What are you drinking at home right now? – With the warmer weather coming in I’m actually enjoying a few gins….the Wild Brumby Distillery Gin, or Forty Spotted Gin
- If you could taste any whisky, regardless of cost, what would you try? – Port Ellen 1980
- Peated or Non-Peated? – Peated
- Scottish or Australian? – Scottish
- What’s one accomplishment that you are most proud of? – The part I’ve played in growing The Whisky Company into the business it is today.
- What’s on the top of your bucket list? – I’d love to road trip across the US, visiting all 50 states along the way.
Comments are closed