Meet our Team #3 – Laura Hay
We are delighted to announce the latest addition to The Whisky Company Team. Meet Laura!
Laura will be joining the team in the capacity of Brand & Marketing Coordinator. In this role Laura will be responsible for the delivery of our online and media marketing strategy, creating and nurturing customer engagement and presenting tasting classes and events. Look out for Laura wherever you see The Whisky Company brand, and be sure to congratulate her on her new role.
Laura Hay brings with her a great deal of passion and knowledge. 2017 will be the 16th year Laura has worked in the whisky industry. Starting out as a tour guide at The Glenlivet distillery and working for around 5 other distilleries, she then moved to Edinburgh and worked briefly at the Scotch Whisky Heritage Centre (The Scotch Whisky Experience) before joining the team at The Scotch Malt Whisky Society in 2005 where she worked until 2011 as a SMWS Ambassador and panellist. Laura then came to Australia for a long holiday in March 2011 and has been here now for almost 6 years. During her time in Australia Laura has worked extensively in the Whisky scene for companies like William Grant & Sons and Chivas Brothers as a whisky ambassador/specialist.
Quick Fire round;
- Would you rather be too hot or too cold? – Too cold
- If you could be anywhere in the world right now where would you go? – I’m really happy here
- If you could have any superpower what would it be? – To be able to fly
- Would you rather be able to speak any language, or speak to animals? – To speak any language
- What are you drinking at home right now? – A little bit of everything!
- If you could taste any whisky, regardless of cost, what would you try? – Anything from Port Ellen
- Peated or Non-Peated? – Depends on my mood
- Scottish or Australian? – Scottish [controversial :)]
- What’s one accomplishment that you are most proud of? – Working as a panellist for the Scottish Malt Whisky Society
- What’s on the top of your bucket list? – One day becoming a Keeper of the Quaich.
So the next time you see Laura around the traps be sure to wish her your congratulations, and feel free to get in touch in you are interested in stocking any of our products in your bar, restaurant or venue. You can reach Laura on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Comments are closed