Bruichladdich Octomore 9.3 Islay Single Malt Scotch Whisky (700ml)
Volume: 700ml ABV: 62.9% Age: 5 Years Old Country: Scotland PPM:156
*Free Bruichladdich Branded Whisky Tasting Glass with Every Bottle Ordered – Whilst Stocks Last
Each new Octomore generates a huge amount of anticipation and excitement. Connoisseurs of single malts from around the world have created a cult following for the wolds’s most heavily peated whisky series. Each release is a powerful illustration of the art of the Master Distiller. Each is necessarily unique, limited, finite, a celebration of nuance. It can never be reproduced.
Just 52 tonnes of precious Islay barley were malted to produce this single farm Octomore 09.3 edition. Raised in Irene’s Field on Octomore Farm in 2011, this uber-provenance single malt was later distilled and filled into 134 casks. Predominantly second-fill, the gentler influence of the wood allows more of the locally grown barley flavours to cut through the legendary peat smoke.
OCTOMORE 09.3 διάλογος is:
- Uber-provenance single malt whisky; one field, one farm, one vintage
- Malted to 133PPM
- Distilled from 100% Islay grown Concerto barley, harvested in 2011 from Irene’s Field, Octomore Farm and distilled in 2012
- Matured entirely on Islay in a combination of ex American whiskey and French wine casks
- Five aged years in 1st fill ex-American (25%), 3rd fill virgin oak (25%), 2nd fill Rivesaltes (20%), 2nd fill Syrah (20%), 2nd fill bourbon (10%)
- Bottled unchill-filtered and colouring free at Bruichladdich Distillery, 62.9% alc. / vol.
- Limited to 18,000 bottles
Official Tasting Notes
Character: Wild, Ileach, if this whisky could speak it would only speak in Gaelic. Atlantic coast raised. Out on the edge, the sense of place is strong.
Nose: Malted barley, Horlicks, the smell of the mash going into the mashtun. Heather wildfire, black tea, golden syrup, lemon sponge.
Palate: Golden syrup in the tin, smoked tea, wort, malted barley, pear, peach melba. Sea spray, heather flowers.
Finish: Smoke, toasted oak, rye bread, salt, ozone.
|Dimensions||35 × 10 × 10 cm|
Bourbon Cask, Peat Smoke, Virgin Oak Cask
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.